Hoodoo, or Conjure, is an Afro-American system of Folk Magic that was and remains common practice through the Southern States of the United States. The Louisiana Bayou became the centre of hoodoo folk music, but hoodoo has a rich history, one which has best been told by miss cat yronwode of the Lucky Mojo Curio Company located in Forestville, California. miss cat also has literally hundreds of free pages on the history, development and practice of hoodoo at her Hoodoo in Theory and Practice webpages.
Hoodoo is magic for everyday. It is practical, using local herbs, roots and curios along with other every day items to effect real practical change. The magic of hoodoo though is not limited to a religious context. Most hoodoo workers, also known as conjure doctors, were protestant Christians who attended regular Church on Sundays. This is reflected in hoodoo where much of the magic makes use of psalms and other biblical verses in their operation.
Hoodoo employs many magical techniques, including the use of baths, candles, honey jars, vinegar jars, mojo bags, doll babies, and altar work amongst other techniques to achieve practical change.
The practice of hoodoo is passed down from teacher to student. There are very few good books available on hoodoo, although miss cat yronwode has created wonderful resources at her website.
Houngan Liam is a graduate of miss cat's Hoodoo Magic Correspondence Course and has been offering hoodoo services professionally since 2008. He began to learn hoodoo while living in Florida in 2004 where he had the chance to learn from two old time root doctors. Coming home to New Zealand, Houngan Liam also continued to study Maori Runga Runga, which contains the herbal lore of the Maori people of New Zealand. The study and practice of runga runga has helped Houngan Liam incorporate the magic of New Zealand into his Hoodoo practice, which has also been very useful where some herbs common to the Southern states of the United States are simply unavailable in New Zealand.
As a competent root worker and conjure man, Houngan Liam is able to offer various Hoodoo services to assist you in any endeavor that you are seeking aid in, while specialising in matter of Money, Love, Employment, Court Cases, Attraction and Uncrossing.
We offer a wide range of Hoodoo Services, and prices vary according to the services required. Please contact us in regards to prices for each type of service:
Divination, Readings and Spiritual Advice:
- Psychic Reading and Clairvoyant Reading, by phone, internet or in person
- Spiritual Contact with the Dead, by phone or in person
- Candle Glass Divination and Candle Wax Divination
- Spiritual Consultation and Rootwork Advice
- Pendulum Divination, by phone, internet or in person
Hoodoo, Conjure, Rootwork and Spell-Casting:
- Altar work and Prayers, Recital of Scriptures, Affirmative Prayer
- Fixed Candle Spells, Setting Lights
- Mojo Bags and hands for all kinds of conditions
- Spiritual Cleansings
- Bottle, Jars and Box Spells
- Custom made Doll Babies
- Prescribing Herbs, Baths, Powders, Oils and Washes
- Working with Spirits, with the Dead, Graveyard Work and Crossroads Work
- Working with Saints
Client Condition and Situation Specialties:
- Love Drawing, Romance, Marriage, Fidelity and Reconciliation
- Prosperity, Money Drawing, and Business
- Blessing, Cleansing and Healing
- Career Success, Wisdom
- Protection from Enemies, Warding off Evil and Safe Travel
- Jinx Breaking, Uncrossing, Reversing and Road Opening
- Crossing, Jinxing, Hot Footing, and Revenge
Most Hoodoo work begins with a basic divination which determines the underlying issue and the best means to work the trick. The cost of the divination is US$45, but this will be deducted from any work that needs to be done.
You may purchase a hoodoo reading by clicking the button below.